Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the WetWebMedia Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
  1. Question Bristle worms galore!

I was wondering what I can do about getting rid of some of the bristle worms in my tank. Currently I only have a tomato clown and was looking to get some brittle stars, or maybe a starfish and some hermit crabs and snails. I figured I would need to get rid of the bristle worms because I am not sure if they would harm the starfish, crabs or snails. Any suggestions on removal and will the worms bother the new inhabitants? I didnt get any new critters yet because I don't want them to be bothered by those worms. I would be grateful for advice!

Blog Entries

The bristleworms won't really bother anything. They're essentially a part of your clean up crew. If there get to be too many of them for your tastes, a Six Line Wrasse will eat them, and I've seen Banded Coral Shrimp eat them too.
    Lyvea
    WWM Search: link

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum!

I agree with Lyvea. The number of worms will level out with the amount of nutrients avaliable in time. I have never had problems with them, just don't pick them up with bare hands, the "bristles" get stuck in your skin and sometimes hurt.

We would all really like to see your system and know more about it!

4. Default

Ok great. I really would like to add some brittle stars, maybe some starfish, crabs and snails. I just didnt want to add anything until I knew that they wouldnt be harmed. Another question I have is today I was looking at my live rock just seeing whats moving around and whats going on with it and I noticed these little blob like things. I guess I would say they look gelatinous, a very very light pink at the base and with little clear tentacles it looks like with white tips. They look like little itty bitty anemones but I never had anemones and Ive had this live rock for gosh...10 years. Ive never added anything new to the tank or changed anything so what are those little dudes? I found maybe 10 so far, varying in size from a pea to a little larger than a pea.

Blog Entries

Sounds like they could be pineapple sponges, do they look like this?
    http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...IQ9QEwAw&dur=0

6. Default

No, they don't look like that but I did have some of those at one time. They kinda look like the picture I have here...but Im not quite sure. They are the same color, well maybe a little paler, and when they are open they look like they have a hole in their center but then when they retract they are just like a little blob. But they dont always have little tentacles. Sometimes the white dots that are on the tentacles are close to the body of it. The picture is labled corallimorph or something of that sort. But Im not quite sure if they are the same. What exactly is it?
    coralis1-1.jpg

Blog Entries

Sorry, I don't think I will be able to be of much more help, hopefully someone else will give us a clue!

8. Default

Ive been looking at pictures on the internet and its either maybe a majano anemone or some type of coral perhaps

Blog Entries

sounds like corallimorphs. They don't always look like the one in the picture, but similar. Either that or baby aiptasia outbreak :\
    Lyvea
    WWM Search: link

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information